Cyber-Security Software Developer
Bluewrist Inc. develops and markets industrial automation solutions and products in the areas of robotics and machine vision, including solutions for robot guidance, bin-picking, flexible inspection, 3D scanning and robot calibration. We are a technology driven company with world class clients around the world.
We’re looking for a Cyber-Security Software Developer to join our software development team. Start of employment would be as soon as possible. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a high growth Canadian technology company with the ambition of expanding globally.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, application engineers and software developers to design and maintain new security modules for industrial automation applications
- Develop software modules based on object-oriented programming (OOP) techniques in C++, VB.NET and ASP.NET
- Utilization of development tools such as Visual Studio and Eclipse
- Participate in code, design and test plan reviews
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong experience in developing software applications in VB.NET, ASP.NET, C++ and Python
- Productive, working with both Windows and Linux platforms
- Knowledge of communication network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP)
- Experience designing API’s
- Understanding of Hardware Security Modules, PKI and Transport Layer Security
- Understanding of data science, and how it can be applied to cyber security
- Knowledge or hands-on with next-gen technologies: SD-WAN, Cloud (GCP/Azure) would be an added advantage
- Expert understanding of firewall configuration and maintenance.
- Knowledge of common application security vulnerabilities such as OWASP Top 10
- Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM and Atlassian suite of tools.
- Ability to participate in concept, UI, and feature development
- Testing and debugging skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- Have ability to work in a team and communicate with technical and non-technical knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Resourceful research and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented, accurate and efficient
- Good time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Smart and creative with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interested in learning and results-oriented
- Enthusiastic friendly team player
How to Apply
If you feel that this position might be an interesting challenge in your career, we are looking forward to receiving your full application, including your resume and a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and salary expectations with “Cyber-Security Software Developer” in the subject line to [email protected]. No phone calls or agencies please.
Though we are only able to respond to applicants that are being considered for an actively open position, we sincerely thank all applicants who are interested in working with us and are glad to hear from you.
Bluewrist is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and accommodates candidates upon request in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).