Technical Support Technician
Bluewrist Inc. develops and markets industrial automation solutions and products in the areas of robotics and machine vision, including solutions for robot guidance, bin-picking, flexible inspection, 3D scanning and robot calibration. We are a technology driven company with world class clients around the world.
We offer exceptional opportunities including career development and training, growth from within potential for skilled, motivated professionals. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to providing our employees work-life balance with competitive compensation packages including:
- Top wages
- Benefits for you and your dependents
- Vacation and Personal Leave days
We’re looking for a Technical Support Technician to support our customers in the US and Canada. Start of employment would be as soon as possible. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a high growth Canadian technology company with the ambition of expanding globally.
- Provide technical support on our products to our customers and team on a daily basis.
- Communicates effectively with clients and internal team members in the design and development of industrial automation systems
- Develop training manuals and facilitate training as required
- Maintain, improve and test new and existing products and solutions
- Provide sales and marketing assistance and participate in product demonstrations
- Travel to customer sites for system support and training
- Perform any other tasks that will help accomplish the Company’s operational goals and sales objectives.
Skills and Experience
- University or College graduate in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience working in a technical support role, involving direct communication with customers and the internal support teams
- Knowledge/experience with Industrial Robots (FANUC, ABB, Motoman, KUKA, Nachi, Denso, etc.), machine vision (2D cameras, OpenCV), 3D scanning sensors (Keyence, LMI, Wenglor, Zivid etc.) and PLCs (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Omron etc.)
- Good mathematical skills particularly in algebra and/or numerical analysis.
- Experience and skills in Project management.
- Understanding of manufacturing, product development and quality control.
- Prepared to travel locally and to the US as required.
- Smart, creative with strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Interest in learning and result oriented
- Enthusiastic friendly team player
How to Apply
If you feel that this position might be an interesting challenge in your career, we are looking forward to receiving your full application, including your resume and a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and salary expectations with “Technical Support” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.
Bluewrist is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and accommodates candidates upon request in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Bluewrist does not accept unsolicited resumes from head-hunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.