Quality Assurance Software Tester
Bluewrist Inc. develops and markets industrial automation solutions and products in the areas of robotics and machine vision, including solutions for robot guidance, bin-picking, flexible inspection, 3D scanning and robot calibration. We are a technology driven company with world class clients around the world.
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Software Tester to support our customers in the US and Canada. Start of employment would be as soon as possible. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a high growth Canadian technology company with the ambition of expanding globally.
- Tests software programs to compare to specifications and documentation
- Identifies, analyzes and documents defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens and content.
- Establishes benchmarks for program efficiency in operating and response times
- Conduct compatibility tests with other software programs, hardware, multiple operating systems, and network environments
- Creates test cases and test data
- Creates and executes automated test scripts using testing software programs
- Responds to inquiries from users and technical support regarding functions and operations of software programs
- Contributes to establishment of standards and procedures for program design and testing
- Recommends program improvements or revisions to programmers and system analysts
- Reviews computer logs and reports to identify program processing errors and possible improvements
- Identifies program variances from standards and suggests modifications to conform
- Assists users to isolate possible problems in software after implementation
- Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent recurrence of program operating problems and to ensure efficiency of operation
- Documents, tracks and communicates test plans, test results, analysis, and unresolved problems
- Develops computer programs to test, track, and verify defects in software programs
- Review and contribute to software program documentation
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or equivalent
Have knowledge in software/technology related field (preferred).
- Experienced in Quality Assurance, System or Software Testing
- Have strong attention to detail and documentation practice.
- Possess good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Think outside the box and come up with use cases that may not be as obvious.
- Smart, creative with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have ability to work in a team and communicate with technical and non-technical knowledge.
- Interest in learning and result oriented
- Enthusiastic friendly team player
How to Apply
If you feel that this position might be an interesting challenge in your career, we are looking forward to receiving your full application, including your resume and a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and salary expectations with “Quality Assurance Software Tester” in the subject line to [email protected]. Only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Bluewrist is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and accommodates candidates upon request in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).